Blanchard #11-20, 20", Vertical Spindle Rotary Surface Grinder, Remn/1YR War.
Type: GRINDERS, SURFACE, ROTARY TYPE, (Vertical Spindle) - G8100
Model Number: 11-20
Description: Blanchard #11-20, 20", Vertical Spindle Rotary Surface Grinder, Remn/1YR War.
Serial Number: 10325
Spindle Motor: 15HP, 240/480 volt,
Range: 20" Diameter x 9" Vertical over Chuck
Chuck: 20" Diameter
Chuck Speeds: 15, 24, 41, 64 RPM
Grinding Wheel: TBD
Grinding Wheel Speed: 1200 RPM
Feeds: .003 - .070 IPM
Automatic lube systems
Standard Coolant System (Paper Filtration system available)
Floor Space: 5'3"L x 3'6"W x 6' 8-3/4"Max./5' 9-1/2"Min.H
Approx. Weight: 7200 lbs
Rebuild will consist of:
1) MACHINE DIS-ASSEMBLY:
- Completely disassemble machine, inspect parts and castings.
- Clean and wire brush all parts.
2) TABLE (ROTARY) AND TABLE SUPPORT WAYS:
- Machine as required.
- Precision scrape, fit the table support ways to the table ways.
- Grind bottom of magnetic chuck hardened bull gear
3) CARRIAGE (SADDLE) AND BASE WAYS:
- Precision scrape and fit carriage to base ways.
4) VERTICAL SLIDE AND COLUMN WAYS:
- Precision scrape and fit the vertical slide ways to the column ways including the gibs
- Replace or rebuild elevating screw and nut
5) CARRIAGE AND TABLE DRIVE MECHANISMS
- Inspect and rebuild carriage drive including rack and pinion.
- Inspect and rebuild table drive assembly (including replacing bearings and seals).
6) HEAD FEED MECHANISM:
- Inspect and rebuild head feed as required (including replacing bearings and seals).
- Inspect feed worm gear and pinion, remove backlash.
7) SPINDLE UNIT (Direct drive motor):
- Disassemble the spindle unit, clean and evaluate.
- Check spindle taper fit to chuck collar taper, and repair if required.
- Replace the upper and lower spindle bearings & oil seals
- Clean, bake, and re-coat windings. (main spindle motor)
- Reassemble the spindle unit, and test.
10) GRINDING WHEEL CHUCK
- Thoroughly clean wheel hub opening up all coolant ports in hub
11) ELECTRICAL FEED MOTORS:
- Disassemble feed motors, clean and evaluate.
- Replace bearings and seals
12) ELECTRICAL OTHER
- Install new wiring from control panel to machine
- Install new limit switches and push button switches
- Electrical panel and components replaced.
- Provide updated electrical schematics
- Provide updated manuals
13) GREASE LUBRICATION SYSTEM (where applicable):
- Install new Trabon Automatic grease system
- Replace all lube lines on the column ways.
- Replace all lube blocks
- Clean grease ports on the column ways.
- Replace all lube fittings on the column.
14) MAGNETIC CHUCK:
- Meg magnetic chuck to assure proper operation
- Install new magnetic chuck controls
15) GUARDING AND COOLANT LINES:
- Replace all water guards
- Fit to guards machine
- Install new coolant lines
- Sand entire machine to original machine surface.
- Clean all components.
- Prime and paint gray enamel.
17) REASSEMBLY OF MACHINE
- Reassemble machine
- Test machine for proper motor rotation
- Check all machine functions for proper operation
- Align column perpendicular to rotary table
- Grind rotary table flat.
F. P. Miller will be responsible for furnishing all services, labor,
parts and materials necessary to rebuild the machine as described above.
DIS-ASSEMBLY AND INSPECTION:
All areas and items of rebuild will be completely dismantled to basic parts and castings.
All parts and castings will be thoroughly inspected for defects.
RE-UTILIZATION OF PARTS:
All parts that will be reused will be in such condition to assure proper
part function and fit. This applies to parts which are used as is as,
as well as those that are repaired, or replaced.
Replacement parts will be OEM or a suitable substitute.
All bearings associated with spindle, regardless of condition, will be
replaced with new bearings of the same type and precision class or
SEALS AND GASKETS:
All seals and gaskets will be replaced with new seals and gaskets of a type equal to or better than original quality.
All fastening devices will be inspected and all defective devices will be replaced.
The machine will be run off at F. P. Miller Company with testing witnessed by customer.
Two complete sets of machine documentation covering
Electrical diagrams, maintenance and operating procedures, will be provided to customer
It is the customers' responsibility to arrange for transportation. We can assist with these arrangements upon request.
F. P. Miller will need advanced notice of shipping arrangements prior to
picking up machine to assure adequate time to package and prep machine
-Delivery of the machine will be approximately 13-15 weeks from the
receipt P.O. and Down Payment and is dependent on availability of
replacement parts and current shop schedule. The delivery will be held
unless the lead-time of purchased items causes a delay.
P. Miller Company warrants the rebuild of this machine against
defective materials and workmanship. The warranty terminates (12) months
or 2000 operating hours, whichever occurs first, from delivery (some
regional restrictions do apply). This applies only
if the machine has been installed correctly and used in normal and
proper manner under recommended operating conditions. Note: Warranty does not cover magnetic chuck unless it has been rewound during re-manufacturing process (see options
Resurface Magnetic Chuck
Rewind Magnetic Chuck
Set up and run off in customers facility
Stainless Steel Water Guards
TERMS: 30% with purchase order; 60% after acceptance run-off at F. P.
Miller Company viewed by customer; 10% Net 30 Days after delivery of the
machine to the customer upon approved credit.